Freezing rain, ice accumulation and winds descended on Hillsdale County on Monday, leaving firefighters, police and EMS responding to numerous reports of fallen trees and downed power lines, and causing many Hillsdale County residents to lose power Monday evening.
We counted over 30 reports of downed power lines across the county.
- Station 1 Responded near 1311 N Edon Rd between Arkansas and W Hallett for Power lines and trees down across M-49.
- Station 5 Responded to Ball Rd west of Milnes Rd for Power lines and trees down across roadway.
- Station 12 Responded to 10500 S. Pittsford Rd for a utility pole with transformer and wires leaning over the roadway.
- Station 2 Responded to the corner of NE corner of Gilmore and Camden Rd for a pole and wires down on a tree near the roadway.
- Station 2 Responded to 320 N Main St for Power lines hanging low across the roadway.
- Station 2 Responded to 6985 W Camden Rd for wires down.
- Station 7 Responded to E Hakes Rd and Long Lake Rd for 2 poles broke and wires down.
- Station 13 Responded to Gilmore Rd and Dimmers Rd for pole broke and wires down over roadway.
- Report of wires down on Long Lake Rd west of M-49.
- Station 11 Responded to the area of Magic Square for a transformer fire.
- Station 11 Responded to American Legion 219 N Main St for wires down and on fire.
- Station 5 Responded to N Hillsdale Rd and Moore Rd for a pole broke and wires down.
- Station 11 Responded to 7060 Bankers Rd west of M-49 for a transformer fire.
- Station 6 Responded to Cronk and Genesee Rd for wires down and a fire.
- Station 11 Responded to Bankers Rd near Hemlock Rd wire down and a fire.
- Station 11 Responded to 5571 S Hillsdale Rd for tree and wires down and a fire. This turned into a PI Accident because someone hit the tree.
- Station 3 Responded to Carleton Rd in front of Wendy's for wires down and smoking.
- Station 11 Responded near Roost Oil for wires down across roadway. Traffic hazard.
- Station 8 Responded to Brown Rd east of Sterling Rd for wires down with a grass fire.
- Station 3 responded to Fayette Rd near Cherry Tree for several poles broke and wires down.
- Station 2 responded to Relton Ave for wires down and sparking.
- Station 2 responded on M-49 between Montgomery and Burt Rd for wires down.
- Station 12 Responded 205 E Center St for wires down.
- Station 10 responded 5300 Spots Rd between Pioneer Rd and S. Bird Lake Rd for a transformer fire and wires across the roadway.
- Station 5 responded to N Hillsdale Rd between Moore and Ball Rd Ball Rd for trees on the roadway
- Station 11 responded 305 E Main St tree and wires down.
- Station 12 responded 408 W Center St for wires down.
- Station 9 responded to 6999 Addison Rd for a fire in a swamp.
- Officers responded to 2751 E Mongomery Rd for wires down on Clark Rd just south of the intersection.
- Station 4 responded to Carpenter Rd and Bankers Rd for wires down and a field on fire.
- Station 2 responded to Margert and Bell St for a wire down sparking in a field.
- Station 2 Stewart Ave and Dwight St for a wire pulled from a house. Turned out to be a phone line.
The road will be clear of ice Tuesday morning as temperatures are expected to be above 40 degrees, but there are still trees and debris everywhere, so be careful out there!
What kind of damage have you seen from this yesterday’s winter storm? Post your pictures on our Facebook page!