Michigan State Police stopped a vehicle in Reading Township, Hillsdale County, for a defective equipment violation. It was discovered that the driver, Larry D. Montgomery, Age 59, that he was found to be operating the vehicle while intoxicated.. Further investigation revealed that the man was also in violation of a condition of his probation that prohibits the consumption of alcohol. He was arrested and lodged at the Hillsdale County Jail.
Michigan State Police stopped a vehicle in Jefferson Township, Hillsdale County, for speeding. It was discovered that the driver, a 26 year old Hillsdale woman, was found to be in possession of open intoxicants. She was cited for the offense and released at the scene.
On May 11, 2016, 14 calls for service/incidents were investigated including:
- Troopers investigated an assault report in Camden Township, Hillsdale County
- Motor Carrier Officers apprehended a fugitive in the city of Jackson
- Troopers are investigating a larceny of motor vehicle parts and accessories in Allen Township, Hillsdale County
- Troopers are investigating a larceny from shed in Cambria Township, Hillsdale County
- One motorist was cited for driving without a license, and one driver was cited for driving on a suspended license